Call for Proposals (CLOSED)
DATES: Friday and Saturday, October 21–22, 2022 (Preconference: Thursday, October 20)
STRANDS: Career Counseling, Development, and Advising; Teaching and Learning; Designing/Delivering Programs; Establishing/Growing Partnerships; and Workforce Development. Topics under each strand can be found here.
LOCATION: All sessions will be held at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
|Dates to Remember|
|Approval Notification||May 16|
|Presentation Date/Time Confirmed||June 20|
|Presenter Registration Due||Sept 5|
Criteria for Selection
- All conference presentations must provide high quality and comprehensive professional development for one or more of the following career pathways stakeholders: teachers, counselors, administrators, state or local CTE coordinators/directors, workforce and economic development professionals.
- We want to be sure our attendees get the most out of your presentation, so we recommend that you limit the introductory/personal information and focus on your program/project and share your resources. NCPN attendees like presentations that share information they can implement immediately in their states/districts. (We realize that some presentations are motivational in nature and require more personal information.)
- Presenters are encouraged to use innovative presentation styles to present their sessions.
Requirement for Presenting/Registration Fees
- Registration Fees: All presenters are required to register for the conference and pay the discounted presenter registration fee of $550.
- Presenters should wait to register until they have received notification that their presentation has been selected on May 16.
- Arrange and pay for your own travel and lodging.
- Agree to present on the day assigned by NCPN (Friday, October 21, or Saturday, October 22).
- Provide handouts that include a copy of your PowerPoint or a summary sheet with an outline of your presentation.
Types of Presentations
All breakouts are 45 minutes or 1 hour in length. Since the time slots are short, please make sure your information is concise and gives attendees something they can take away from the presentation and implement immediately. Audience size may vary from 20 to 100 people.
- Each breakout session (forum or clinic) will be equipped with
- LCD projector (for PowerPoints)
- Sound for laptop
- Microphone (if needed)
- Presenters must bring their own laptop and adaptor for the LCD projector. (NCPN does not provide laptops.)
- Flip charts can be provided upon request.
Presentations by vendors or for-profit consultants must include at least one practitioner (product user) as co-presenter and are also required to exhibit.
Workforce Development Presentations
If presenting a workforce development topic, be sure to include at least one business partner.
QUESTIONS: Contact Sheila Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org