Career Pathways Leadership (CPL) Certification Institutes
Dates: June 21–22, 2023
Location: Wojcik Conference Center at Harper College, Palatine, IL
Fee: $599 (includes continental breakfast on both days and lunch on Day 1)
- Day 1: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Day 2: 8:00 a.m.–Noon
Registration Deadline: June 9, or when workshops reach capacity
What Is Being Offered
Career Pathways Leadership Certification I: Introduction to Career Pathways
This interactive workshop immerses you in best practices and insightful discussions based on the Advancing Credentials through Career Pathways Framework. Workshop segments include:
- Strategically engaging employers to support innovation
- Building community partnerships to facilitate seamless transitions
- Designing industry-responsive career pathways
- Using pathways mapping to identify and design stackable credentials
- Championing and facilitating non-credit to credit alignment
- Providing holistic student supports for credential completion
Participants will develop a local action plan and receive a toolbox of resources to deploy with K-16, adult education, community, and employer partners.
Career Pathways Leadership Certification II: Deep Dive into Career Pathways
This interactive workshop challenges you to take your pathways development to the next level, based on the Advancing Credentials through Career Pathways Framework. Workshop segments include:
- Assessing achievements and lessons learned
- Refining implementation practices to facilitate scaling
- Expanding employer engagement and work-based learning experiences
- Designing labor market-responsive professional development
- Facilitating partner collaboration for program-to-program articulation
CPL I and II will take place simultaneously, so attendees will select one on the registration form.
Hilton Garden Inn
1191 Woodfield Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Reservation deadline: May 30, 2023
Special CPL workshop rate: $129 + tax per night
Parking: Complimentary self-parking / No valet parking
Two Ways to Reserve Rooms
- Purchase orders not accepted.
- A credit card is required to confirm a reservation. The credit card will be used for a guarantee to hold your room. It will not be charged at the time of booking.
- Should reservations be cancelled within 48 hours of arrival, one night’s room plus tax will be charged to credit card on file.
Airport: Chicago O’Hare is approximately 16 miles from the hotel and approximately 16 miles from Harper College.
Transportation to Harper College: Participants will need to provide their own transportation from the hotel to the training at the college. Harper College is approximately 4 miles from the Hilton Garden Inn in Schaumburg.