Career Pathways Leadership (CPL) Certification Institutes
Dates: February 22–23, 2024
Location: CCSD Family Support Center, 1720 S. Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV
Fee: $599 (includes continental breakfast on both days and lunch on Day 1)
- Day 1: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Day 2: 8:00 a.m.–Noon
Registration Deadline: February 15, or when workshops reach capacity
What Is Being Offered
If you are involved in career technical education, adult education, counseling, corrections, or workforce development and your duties have expanded to include Career Pathways, we invite you and your team to attend our Career Pathways Leadership (CPL) Certification Institutes.
1.5 days each. Below is a sampling of topics to be covered:
Leading Career Pathways: A Certification for Practitioners (formerly Career Pathways Leadership I)
This interactive workshop immerses you in best practices and insightful discussions based on the Advancing Credentials through Career Pathways Framework. Workshop segments include:
- Strategically engaging employers to support innovation
- Building community partnerships to facilitate seamless transitions
- Designing industry-responsive career pathways
- Using pathways mapping to identify and design stackable credentials
- Championing and facilitating non-credit to credit alignment
- Providing holistic student supports for credential completion
Participants will develop a local action plan and receive a toolbox of resources to deploy with K-16, adult education, community, and employer partners.
Scaling Career Pathways: A Certification for Influencers (formerly Career Pathways Leadership II)
This interactive workshop challenges you to take your pathways development to the next level, based on the Advancing Credentials through Career Pathways Framework. Workshop segments include:
- Assessing achievements and lessons learned
- Refining implementation practices to facilitate scaling
- Expanding employer engagement and work-based learning experiences
- Increasing awareness and leveraging stakeholder involvement
- Applying market responsiveness and sustainability strategies
These two workshops will take place simultaneously, so attendees will select one on the registration form.
Hampton Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
755 Sierra Vista Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89169
Reservation deadline: January 22, 2024
Special CPL workshop rate: $159 + 13.38% tax per night with free parking (Rate includes breakfast buffet and complimentary WIFI. Based on double occupancy; $10 per person per night surcharge for additional persons in same room. Maximum occupancy for king room: 2 people; for two queen: 4 people. $20 premium added to rate for two queen beds.)
Check-in: 3:00 p.m.
Two Ways to Reserve Rooms
- Purchase orders not accepted.
- A credit card is required to confirm a reservation. The credit card will be used for a guarantee to hold your room. It will not be charged at the time of booking.
- Should reservations be cancelled within 48 hours of arrival, one night’s room plus tax will be charged to credit card on file.
- Changes in your departure AFTER check-in will result in an Early Departure fee equal to one night room and tax. It is the responsibility of your organization to inform all guests of the early departure fee prior to arrival. Except in the event of an emergency.
Airport: Harry Reid International Airport, Las Vegas is approximately 4 miles from the Hampton Inn Las Vegas Convention Center.
Transportation to CCSD Family Support Center: Participants will need to provide their own transportation from the hotel to the training at the CCSD Family Support Center. The CCSD Family Support Center is approximately 2 miles from the Hampton Inn Las Vegas Convention Center.