Call for Proposals - NOW CLOSED
October 6 - 7, 2016 (Preconference: Wednesday, October 5)
CONFERENCE STRANDS: The strands have been designed around U.S. Department of Education Office of Career Technical and Adult Education (OCTAE) The 10 Components of a POS Design Framework in order to align with Perkins IV and the U.S. Department of Labor Education and Training Administration (DOLETA) Six Key Elements to align with the Workforce Investment Opportunities Act (WIOA).
All sessions will be held at the JW Marriott, Indianapolis, IN.
Dates to Remember
|Proposal Deadline Extension||April 7 - 5pm Central|
|Approval Notification||May 15|
|Presentation Date/Time Confirmed||June 30|
|Presenter Registration Due||August 19|
Criteria for Selection
- All conference presentations must provide high quality and comprehensive professional development for one or more of the following career pathways stakeholders: teachers, counselors, administrators, state or local CTE coordinators/directors, workforce and economic development professionals, and/or employers.
- We want to be sure our attendees get the most out of your presentation, so we recommend that you limit the introductory/personal information and focus on your program/project and share your resources. NCPN attendees like presentations that share information they can implement immediately in their states / districts. (We realize that some presentations are motivational in nature and require more personal information.)
Presenters are encouraged to use innovative presentation styles to present their session.
Requirement for Presenting
- Registration Fees :
All presenters are required to register for the conference and pay the standard registration fee.The registration form will go online March 15. The deadline for presenter registration is August 19.
- Arrange and pay for your own travel and lodging.
- Agree to present on the day assigned by NCPN (October 6 or 7).
- Provide handouts that include a copy of your PowerPoint or a summary sheet with an outline of your presentation.
Types of Presentations
All breakouts are 45-minutes in length. Since the time slots are short, please be sure to make your information concise and give attendees something they take away from the presentation and be able to implement immediately. Audience size may vary from 20 to 100 people.
Surge sessions are presented twice within 45-minute time slots. These are fast-paced sessions designed to provide much information in a short time. Presenters are expected to provide handouts and respond to requests for more information.
- Each breakout session (forum or clinic) will be equipped with
- LCD projector (for PowerPoints)
- sound for laptop
- microphone (if needed),
- Presenters must bring their own laptop. (NCPN does not provide laptops.)
- No equipment is used in "surge" sessions.
- Please play your DVD on your laptop, if applicable.
- Flip charts can be provided upon request.
Presentations by vendors or for-profit consultants must include at least one practitioner (product user) as co-presenter and are also required to exhibit.
Workforce/Economic Development Presentations
If presenting a workforce/economic development topic, be sure to include at least one business partner.
QUESTIONS: Contact Sheila Wilson at email@example.com