Call for Proposals
Building Capacity: Aligning for the Future
October 28 - 29, 2015 (Preconference: Wednesday, October 28)
CONFERENCE STRANDS: The strands have been designed around U.S. Department of Education Office of Career Technical and Adult Education (OCTAE) The 10 Components of a POS Design Framework in order to align with Perkins IV and the U.S. Department of Labor Education and Training Administration (DOLETA) Six Key Elements to align with the Workforce Investment Opportunities Act (WIOA).
All sessions will be held at the Sheraton Dallas in Dallas, TX.
Dates to Remember
|Proposal Deadline||March 31|
|Approval Notification||May 15|
|Presentation Date/Time Confirmed||June 30|
|Presenter Registration Form Due||September 4|
Criteria for Selection
All conference presentations must provide high quality and comprehensive professional development for one or more of the following career pathways stakeholders: teachers, counselors, administrators, state or local CTE coordinators/directors, workforce and economic development professionals, and/or employers. Presentations should meet the following criteria:
- Provide information that attendees can take home and implement in their states or local districts, instead of giving overviews and telling "why" you did this
- Be consistent with the conference theme
- Demonstrate innovative strategies, best practices, and strong program results
Presenters are encouraged to use innovative presentation styles to present their session.
Requirement for Presenting
- Registration Fees for Key Presenters and Additional Presenters: $450 each
All presenters are required to register for the conference and pay the discounted presenter registration fee of $450. Student presenters fee is $75. The deadline for presenter registration is September 4.
- Arrange and pay for your own travel and lodging.
- Agree to present on the day assigned by NCPN (October 29 or 30).
- Provide handouts that include a copy of your PowerPoint or a summary sheet with an outline of your presentation.
Types of Presentations
All breakouts are 45-minutes in length. Since the time slots are short, please be sure to make your information concise and give attendees something they take away from the presentation and be able to implement immediately. Audience size may vary from 20 to 100 people.
Surge sessions are presented twice within 45-minute time slots. These are fast-paced sessions designed to provide much information in a short time. Presenters are expected to provide handouts and respond to requests for more information.
- Each breakout session (forum or clinic) will be equipped with
- LCD projector (for PowerPoints)
- sound for laptop
- microphone (if needed),
- Presenters must bring their own laptop. (NCPN does not provide laptops.)
- No equipment is used in "surge" sessions.
- Please play your DVD on your laptop, if applicable.
- Flip charts can be provided upon request.
Presentations by vendors or for-profit consultants must include at least one practitioner (product user) as co-presenter and are also required to exhibit.
Workforce/Economic Development Presentations
If presenting a workforce/economic development topic, be sure to include at least one business partner.
QUESTIONS: Contact Sheila Wilson at email@example.com