Presentation Proposal Submission
The submission process for presentation proposals is now closed. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Career Pathways: Linking Education and Economic Prosperity
October 14 - 15, 2013 (Preconference: October 13)
All sessions held at Grand Hyatt in San Antonio, Texas (on the Riverwalk)
Dates to Remember
|Proposal Deadline Extension||April 3 (now closed)|
|Approval Notification||May 10|
|Presentation Date/Time Confirmed||July 5|
|Presenter Registration Form Due||September 5|
Criteria for Selection
All conference presentations must provide high quality and comprehensive professional development for teachers, counselors, and/or administrators (some presentations may be oriented toward employers and/or workforce and economic development professionals) and should meet the following criteria:
- Be consistent with the conference theme
- Demonstrate innovative strategies, best practices, and strong program results
- Provide information that attendees can implement in their states or local districts
Presenters are encouraged to use innovative presentation styles to present their session. Traditional lecture methods are discouraged.
Requirement for Presenting
- Registration Fees for Key Presenters and Additional Presenters: $375 each
All presenters are required to register for the conference and pay the discounted presenter registration fee of $375. Student presenters fee is $75. The deadline for presenter registration is September 5.
- Arrange and pay for your own travel and lodging.
- Agree to present on the day assigned by NCPN (October 14 or 15).
- Provide handouts that include a copy of your PowerPoint or a summary sheet with an outline of your presentation.
Types of Presentations
Forums (45 or 60 minutes) and clinics (75 minutes) address topics within the seven program strands. Forums and clinics are intended for audiences of 50 to 100 and may include multiple presenters.
Roundtables are presented twice within 60-minute time slots. Each table seats 10 people. These are fast-paced sessions designed to provide much information in a short time. NO EQUIPMENT is used in roundtables. Presenters are expected to provide handouts and respond to requests for more information.
Poster Sessions: Each poster session presenter will display their materials on a 48"x72" poster board outside the exhibit hall and be present to discuss the display during designated hours on Monday, October 14. No equipment will be used in poster sessions.
- Each breakout session (forum or clinic) will be equipped with
- LCD projector (for PowerPoints) Presenters must bring their own laptop.
- sound for laptop
- microphone (if needed),
- NCPN can provide a DVD player and monitor or flip chart if requested.
Presentations by vendors or for-profit consultants must include at least one practitioner (product user) as co-presenter and are also required to exhibit.
Workforce/Economic Development Presentations
Presentations in the "Workforce and Economic Development" strand are encouraged to include at least one business partner.
QUESTIONS: Contact Sheila Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org