Embracing the Past, Envisioning the Future: The National Career Pathways Network Restructures!
The National Career Pathways Network (NCPN) is a membership organization for educators, employers and others involved in the advancement of Career Pathways, career technical education (CTE), and related education reform initiatives. The NCPN Advisory Board ensures that NCPN meets the requirements of the stakeholder groups, and to represent stakeholder interests. NCPN is housed at the Center for Occupational Research and Development (CORD).
NCPN is restructuring to better serve its members and the career pathways community and to streamline and strengthen the career pathways message to the field (across the nation and abroad). The new NCPN Structure will have a more inclusive focus (secondary and postsecondary education, workforce development, economic development, military, adult education, workforce investment boards, correctional education, alternative education, community-based organizations, and employers) and will also include regional divisions that match the national economic development regions:
- England Region: Connecticut; Maine; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; Rhode Island; Vermont
- Mideast Region: Delaware; District of Columbia; Maryland; New Jersey; New York; Pennsylvania
- Great Lakes Region: Illinois; Indiana; Michigan; Ohio; Wisconsin
- Plains Region: Iowa; Kansas; Minnesota; Missouri; Nebraska; North Dakota; South Dakota
- Southeast Region: Alabama; Arkansas; Florida; Georgia; Kentucky; Louisiana; Mississippi; North Carolina; South Carolina; Tennessee; Virginia; West Virginia
- Southwest Region: Arizona; New Mexico; Oklahoma; Texas
- Rocky Mountain Region: Colorado; Idaho; Montana; Utah; Wyoming
- Far West Region: Alaska; California; Hawaii; Nevada; Oregon; Washington
Subcommittee Purpose Statements
- Conference Committee: The purpose of the NCPN Conference Committee is to provide input on the direction and focus of the annual National Career Pathways Network (NCPN) conference.
- Leadership Development Committee: The purpose of the NCPN Leadership Development Committee is to provide professional, career, and leadership development to career pathways leaders to assist them in being able to be a valuable contributor to the broader goals of their of the organization and stakeholders they serve.
- Workforce Development Committee: The purpose of the NCPN Workforce Development Committee is to inform stakeholders that provide adult entry points to career pathways about trends, plans, policies, and current activities and occurrences in the field which have implications for the promotion, development, and welfare of workforce education and to encourage cooperative working relationships between all stakeholders.
- Regional Issues & Membership Committee: The purpose of the NCPN Regional Issues and Membership Committee is to promote career pathways and to act as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of information in promising career pathway systems, educational practices and new ideas on a regional basis.
- Employers Committee: The purpose of the NCPN Employer Committee is to provide information on career pathways and the Return-On-Investment opportunity to employers.
- International Committee: Pending later activity.